International Accreditation: QAN 100/2592/3
Pre- requisite: Level 3 Massage diploma or the equivalent with AP&P
ITEC Level 3 Sports Massage Diploma
Enrol and start your theory online learning now ready for your first practical module
I came into massage after a career in nursing and studied level 4 remedial massage because of my background rather than level 3. I know what it is like to have holes in your learning and feel a lack of confidence because of not having done the level 3 syllabus first. These days we all want to run before we can walk but if you are looking for a successful full time career, it makes sense to learn the invaluable underpinning knowledge necessary to be a good sports therapist at ITEC Level 3 before you proceed to ITEC Level 4 and 5!
I completed my training at the Northern Institute of Massage in Blackpool with Eddie Caldwell and Lars Peterson both eminent authors and practitioners in their field. I am still practicing and have worked with Olympic athletes, various sports clubs, osteopaths and chiropractors over the years.
Gail’s Tip: If you are serious about having a full time career treating Sports Injuries, then please study Level 3 Massage first, it’s a firm grounding for your Sports massage course!
Ring me if you would like to chat on 01392 826033!
Testimonial 1: Congratulations!!! http://www.chamofix.com Ruth Martin
I trained with you in 2009 and haven’t looked back. My work has been so well received since I set up my wee business in Chamonix. I work with luxury chalets and many clients have booked me for their own private holidays outside of Chamonix . I’ve also worked on quite a few mountain athletes, musicians including a world famous band. While I try to work with the body’s musculature and fascia, doing a lot of sports massage, the original holistic massage routine that I learned with Devon Academy really did put me in good stead for everything else thereafter.
Testimonial 2: Hi Gail. www.sportsmassagetherapyexeter.org.uk
- I trained with you at Devon Academy and now have a successful business sports massage therapy in Exeter I massage over 60 clients a week. Been invited to travel to London this weekend, to massage the elite me for this years 2015 Virgin London Marathon. This is all down to completing your sports massage (ITEC) it pushed me to continue. Big thank you Gail and all at Devon Academy!!! Kindest regards Liam Clarke
Do you have a recognised Level 3 AP&P certificate but no massage experience?
Although my recommendation would be to fo the Massage diploma you may be eligible to do my Pre- sports Massage course click here for details or give me a ring to discuss this further on 01392 826033
This course is designed to provide the knowledge, understanding and skills to work in an unsupervised capacity as a sports massage practitioner. You will develop knowledge and understanding of the theory underpinning the practice of Sports Massage Therapy, including anatomy and physiology, nutrition, classification of sports injuries stretching and the use of cryo and thermotherapy.
- Everything you need to start your own Sports Massage Clinic in one course!
It will also provide you with the understanding, skills and techniques to prepare for and apply a range of massage methods to clients needing deeper more advanced treatments as well as those participating in sports’ activities.
Students will Study:
- Practical application of sports massage
- Practical anatomy and physiology for sports massage
- Effects of exercise on the body
- Applying massage methods – pre & post event; Cryotherapy, Thermotherapy; PNF stretching
- Postural analysis
- The psychology of injury
- Sports Nutrition
- Advanced palpation skills
Unit 27 – Multiple Choice Theory paper x 50 questions
Unit 27 – 15 treatment case studies
Please note this is your course fee only and does not include your exam fee: books: uniform etc.
To enrol and pay you can:
- Download the Enrolment form and send it by email
- Ring 01392 826033 and pay by card over the telephone
- Pay by BACS transfer, ring 01392 826033 for details
- Click the payment buttons below:
Sports Massage For beginners
Enrol and Start your theory online now ready for your first Practical date.
These are FULL courses for beginners. Click the Buy Now button below to pay Early Bird offer of £1,700
£2000 in 6 instalments. Deposit of £250 then 5 of £350. Click Subscribe button below
Sports Massage For Qualified therapists
Enrol and Start your theory online now ready for your first Practical date
£800 Early Bird discount. Click Buy Now button below